03 亲朋好友
作者:李文昊      更新:2023-05-16 08:30      字数:10095
  03 亲朋好友
  伟大的母爱
  dialogue
  tina's mother returns home after work as usual.
  蒂娜的妈妈像往常一样下班回家了。
  tina: mom, thank goodness, you're back at last!
  蒂娜:妈妈,谢天谢地,你终于回来了。
  mom: what's up, tina? does everything go well?
  妈妈:怎么了,蒂娜?一切都还好吗?
  tina: quite well, mom. don't you remember what day it is today?
  蒂娜:都很好,妈妈。您不记得今天是什么日子了吗?
  mom: let me think. your birthday? no, your birthday is coming in next month. what special day is it today, honey?
  妈妈:让我想想。是你的生日?不是,你的生日在下个月。今天是什么特殊的日子,宝贝?
  tina: oh, mom. today is your birthday. didn't you remember it at all?
  蒂娜:噢,妈妈,今天是你的生日呀。你一点也不记得了?
  mom: oh, my god! i completely forgot it.
  妈妈:哦,天哪!我完全忘了。
  tina: happy birthday, mom! here is my present for you.
  蒂娜:生日快乐,妈妈!这是给您的礼物。
  mom: thank you, honey.
  妈妈:谢谢你,宝贝。
  tina: mom, it's me who should say thanks. our family was in financial straits five years ago, so i wanted to find a job instead of going to university. but you insisted on affording me to put through university. you are a great mother. i love you so much.
  蒂娜:妈妈,应该是我说谢谢。我们家5年前经济陷入困境,我想出来工作不上大学了,但是你坚持供我读完大学。你是个伟大的妈妈。我好爱您。
  mom: i love you, too. i just thought that further education is the way to a better life at that time.
  妈妈:我也爱你。我那时只是想只有上大学才有出路。
  tina: thank you, mom. if i gave up my study, i wouldn't have made such outstanding achievements.
  蒂娜:谢谢你,妈妈。如果我那时辍学了,就不可能有现在的成就。
  mom: i'm so proud of you.
  妈妈:我很为你感到骄傲。
  notes
  1. strait [streit] n. 海峡;困境;adj. 困难的;窘迫的
  2. put through 接通(电话),顺利完成
  3. at that time 在当时
  4. outstanding [aut'st?ndi?] adj. 优秀的,突出的;未支付的;未完成的
  小贴士
  what's the meaning of “mother”?
  “m” is for the million things she gave me,
  “o” means only that she's growing old,
  “t” is for the tears she shed to save me,
  “h” is for her heart of purest gold,
  “e” is for her eyes, with love-light shining,
  “r” means right, and right she'll always be.
  父爱如大山般深沉
  dialogue
  tom meets with setbacks in his work and life. he falls into a depression.
  汤姆在工作和生活中遇到了挫折。他变得很沮丧。
  dad: what's the matter, son?
  爸爸:你怎么了,儿子?
  tom: nothing, dad. i just feel a little depressed.
  汤姆:没什么,爸爸。我只是有点沮丧。
  dad: a little depressed? i saw you terribly distressed all day long lately. i know i am busy with my business these years and care little for you, but i do pay much attention to you. i think we should have a heart-to-heart talk.
  爸爸:有点沮丧?我看到你最近整天都愁眉不展的。我知道我这些年一直忙生意,对你不够关心,但是我确实是关心你啊。我想我们应该聊一聊。
  tom: i lost my mind these days. things just don't go right, no matter how i try.
  汤姆:我这些日子要崩溃了,不管我怎么努力,总是不顺。
  dad: life will inevitably have setbacks. through all the pain, you'll finally truly find yourself. difficulties are only temporary. take what you need and be on your way. you know i always have faith in you.
  爸爸:生活中难免会遇到挫折。经过了所有的苦痛,你才会找到真正的自己。困难只是暂时的。重整步伐,然后大步向前。你知道我一直都对你充满信心。
  tom: you are always confident in me? but you never praise me no matter what i do.
  汤姆:你对我有信心?但是无论我做什么,你从来不夸奖我。
  dad: that's my way to educate you. and now i finally know what you want, i will change my way later.
  爸爸:那是我的教育方式。现在我明白了你想要的,我以后会改变我的教育方式的。
  tom: i didn't see what a good father you were before, but i do now. your guidance has always been appreciated. how could i be so lucky to have a dad like you. thank you, dad.
  汤姆:我以前不知道您是一个多么好的父亲,但是现在我知道了。我永远感激您的引导。我竟是如此幸运,能有像您这样的父亲。谢谢您,爸爸。
  notes
  1. heart-to-heart ['ha:tt?'ha:t] adj. 率直的;诚实的;n. 交心
  2. lose one's mind 精神错乱
  3. go right 成功地;顺利地;按预定计划地
  4. inevitably [in'evit?bli] adv. 不可避免地
  5. setback ['setb?k] n. 挫折,失败;退步
  6. temporary ['temp?reri] adj. 暂时的,临时的;n. 临时工
  小贴士
  the united states is one of the few countries in the world that regard father's day as an official day. on that day fathers are honored by their children. on the third sunday in june, fathers all across the united states are given presents,treated to dinner by children or other ways made to feel special.
  美国是世界上把父亲节设立为法定节日的几个国家之一。在那天,孩子们向父亲致以敬意。在6月的第三个星期日,整个美国的父亲们会收到孩子们的礼物,被孩子们邀请吃饭或者有其他特别的活动。
  送别朋友
  dialogue
  after travelling in beijing for two weeks,maggie has to say goodbye to her friend susan. susan sees her off at the airport.
  在北京游玩两星期后,麦琪不得不向她的朋友苏珊告别。苏珊在机场为她送行。
  maggie: it's nice of you to come all the way to see me off at the airport, susan.
  麦琪:一路来机场给我送行,太感谢你了,苏珊。
  susan: my pleasure. if not the end of your holiday, i really don't want you to leave.
  苏珊:别客气。如果不是因为你的假期结束,我真舍不得让你走。
  maggie: during my stay here, you take me to see the national palace museum, the great wall and many other tourist attractions and taste all the cates in beijing. thank you for all you've done for me. how can i thank you enough?
  麦琪:我在这儿逗留期间,你带我参观了故宫博物馆、长城和其他的旅游景点,并且尝遍了北京的美食。感谢你为我做的一切,真不知该怎样感谢你才好。
  susan: i'm very happy to do all of that. listen,the announcer's announcing the departure of flight no. 876 to guangxi. is it your flight?
  苏珊:我很乐于做这些。听,播音员正在广播去广西的876航班要起飞了,是你的航班吧?
  maggie: yes, how time flies! i must be going.
  麦琪:是的,时间过得真快!我得走了。
  susan: i will miss you very much. take care of yourself and don't forget to keep in touch.
  苏珊:我会想你的。保重,别忘了常联系。
  maggie: i will. goodbye.
  麦琪:我会的。再见。
  susan: goodbye. have a good journey.
  苏珊:再见。一路顺风。
  notes
  1. all the way 一直,完全
  2. national palace museum 故宫博物院
  3. the great wall 长城
  4. tourist attraction 旅游圣地
  5. cate [keit] n. 佳肴,美食
  6. departure [di'pɑ:t??] n. 出发,离开;分歧;新的尝试
  7. keep in touch 保持联系
  小贴士
  送别(王维)
  下马饮君酒,问君何所之?
  君言不得意,归卧南山陲。
  但去莫复闻,白云无尽时。
  i dismount from my horse and i offer you wine,
  and i ask you where you are going and why.
  and you answer, i am discontent
  and would rest at the foot of the southern mountain.
  so give me leave and ask me no questions.
  white clouds pass there without end.
  拜访朋友
  dialogue
  shirley comes to visit her high school classmate david today.
  雪莉来拜访她的高中同学戴维。
  david: shirley, here you come! please come in.
  戴维:雪莉,你来了!快请进!
  shirley: long time no see. how have you been, david?
  雪莉:好久没见了。你好吗,戴维?
  david: couldn't be better. and you?
  戴维:很好,你呢?
  shirley: not bad.
  雪莉:还不错。
  david: you are even more beautiful than when i last saw you half a year ago.
  戴维:半年没见,你变得更漂亮了。
  shirley: really? thank you.
  雪莉:是吗?谢谢。
  david: please have a sit. make yourself at home! what would you like to drink, coffee or tea?
  戴维:请坐。请随意,别拘束!你要喝点什么,咖啡还是茶?
  shirley: tea, please.
  雪莉:喝茶吧。
  david: i bought some “longjing tea” last week. why don't you have a taste?
  戴维:我上星期刚买了些龙井茶,你尝尝看。
  shirley: it's great. it has a nice aroma. thank you. what have you been doing for the past six months?
  雪莉:这可是好茶,闻起来特别香。谢谢。你这半年都干了些什么?
  david: i've changed my job and became a businessman.
  戴维:我换了工作,下海经商了。
  shirley: oh, is your business proceeding smoothly?
  雪莉:哦,生意还顺利吧?
  david: i met some difficulties at first, but now it has developed along the right track.
  戴维:刚起步时遇到了一些困难,现在已经步入正轨了。
  shirley: congratulations to you!
  雪莉:恭喜你呀!
  david: thank you.
  戴维:谢谢。
  notes
  1. have a taste 尝一尝
  2. aroma [?'r?um?] n. 浓香,香气
  3. proceed [pr?'si:d] v. 继续进行;开始,着手;进行,开展
  4. at firs 最初,起先,刚开始时
  5. track [tr?k] n. 轨道,跑道;踪迹,小路;v. 追踪,跟踪
  小贴士
  1. i'm sorry i didn't call first.
  对不起,来之前我没先打个电话。
  2. how nice of you to come!
  你能来太好了!
  也可以这样说:
  thank you for coming.
  3. please feel free to make yourself at home.
  别客气,像在自己家一样。
  也可以这样说:
  make yourself at home.
  4. would you like something to drink?
  你想喝点什么?
  也可以这样说:
  would you care for something to drink?
  what would you like to drink?
  5. i'd better get going now.
  我得告辞了。
  也可以这样说:
  i have to leave now.
  i must be going now.
  6. thanks so much for inviting me today.
  非常感谢你今天的盛情招待。
  也可以这样说:
  i really appreciate all of your hospitality.
  7. drop by at any time.
  欢迎随时来访。
  也可以这样说:
  come and visit anytime.
  feel free to come to visit me any time.
  切记保持联络
  dialogue
  after the revelry in karl's home, susan has got to run.
  在卡尔家狂欢后,苏珊要走了。
  susan: karl, i had a great time tonight, but it's getting late. i'd better go.
  苏珊:卡尔,我今晚玩得很愉快,但是现在太晚了,我得走了。
  karl: no, not so soon. can't you stay any longer?
  卡尔:不,不要急着走啊。不能再待会儿吗?
  susan: i'm afraid not, and i am a little tired,too. time to call it a night for me.
  苏珊:恐怕不能,而且我也有点累了。今晚就玩到这吧。
  karl: all right. i can't stop you if you are set on going.
  卡尔:好吧。如果你决意要走,我也留不住你啊。
  susan: well, thanks so much for inviting me today. i had a rorty time. goodbye.
  苏珊:非常感谢你今天邀请我。我玩得很尽兴。再见。
  karl: goodbye, susan. thank you very much for coming. hope to see you again. i'll miss you!
  卡尔:再见,苏珊。非常感谢你能来。希望能再次见面。我会想你的!
  susan: i'll miss you, too. so long! do remember staying in touch.
  苏珊:我也会想你的。再见。一定要记得保持联络哟。
  karl: i will. take care!
  卡尔:我会的。保重!
  notes
  1. be set on 决心要(一心想,专心于)
  2. rorty ['r?:ti] adj. 有趣的;喜欢玩乐和刺激的;(人声)喧闹的
  3. stay in touch 保持联系
  小贴士
  表示“保持联系”的短语:
  keep in touch
  stay in touch
  keep up with
  keep in contact with sb.
  stay in contact with sb.
  be in touch
  liaise with sb.
  师恩永记在心头
  dialogue
  one of julie and shirley's head teachers has retired this year. tomorrow is teachers' day. they are discussing how to express their gratitude to her.
  朱莉和雪莉的一个班主任今年退休了。明天是教师节,她们在讨论着该怎样表达她们对老师的感激之情。
  julie: hey, shirley. do you remember our head teacher in senior high school?
  朱莉:嘿,雪莉。你还记得我们高中时的班主任吗?
  shirley: of course. she helped me a lot that time.
  雪莉:当然记得,她那时候帮助了我很多。
  julie: she has just retired this year. i think we should have time to pay a visit to her. we have graduated from high school for almost six years, but we rarely call in her.
  朱莉:她今年刚退休。我认为我们应该抽空去看看她。我们高中毕业都将近6年了,却很少去看她。
  shirley: yes, i will never forget her humor and kindness. tomorrow happens to be teachers' day. maybe we can visit her and send her a present tomorrow.
  雪莉:是呀,我永远不会忘记她的幽默和慈爱的。明天恰巧是教师节。也许我们可以明天去拜访她,送她一份礼物。
  julie: oh, i almost forgot it. i would give her a call on teachers' day before. what present are we going to send to her?
  朱莉:噢,我差点忘了。我以前每到教师节都会给她打个电话的。我们给老师送什么礼物啊?
  shirley: flowers. i remember she likes lilies best. we can buy her some lilies and baby's breath.
  雪莉:送花吧。我记得她最喜欢百合花。我们就买些百合和满天星吧。
  julie: good idea. let's have a bunch of flowers reserved.
  朱莉:好主意。现在就去订一束吧。
  notes
  1. senior ['si:nj?] adj. 地位较高的,高级的;年长的;资深的;n. 上司;年长者,长辈;大四学生
  2. rarely ['r??li] adv. 很少,难得
  3. for ever 永远
  4. lily ['lili] n. 百合花;adj. 纯白的
  5. baby's breath 满天星
  6. a bunch of 一束;一群,一伙;很多
  小贴士
  1. your lessons are still the one that helps me; your words are still fresh and warm; you've swayed my life so deeply. you're still my best teacher for ever.
  您的教诲我至今仍受益良多,言犹在耳,深深影响了我。您是我最敬爱的老师。
  2. you are a special person in my life. we all love you, sir!
  您是我生命中很特别的一个人。我们都敬爱您,老师!
  3. i'm more thankful than i can express.
  对您的谢意,我无法用语言来表达。
  4. i am sincerely grateful to you for what you have done.
  我真诚地感激您所做的一切。
  5. you are like a third parent. we all love you and respect you.
  您就像我们的家长,我们都很敬爱您。
  6. send you our everlasting feeling of gratefulness and thankfulness on this special day. happy teachers' day!
  在这特别的日子谨向您致以我们无尽的感激之情。祝您教师节快乐!